Are you embarrassed to wear your favorite Sleeveless top? Do you feel ashamed to raise your hands up in public? Are sleeved dresses your best friend right now? No need to compromise anymore because dark underarms are not going to bother you any further.
Here is a list of top 10 simple and effective home remedies that is surely going to be a savior for you.
Before trying the home remedies, we should probably know what are the causes for dark underarms.
Dark Underarms is a common problem, and it’s uncomfortable. The reasons for dark underarms maybe:
1. Poor Shaving – Generally when we shave our underarms the hairs are not cut properly, and hence we can see small sub-surface hairs on the skin. This gives us a vision that our underarms are dark.
We should go for waxing to avoid this problem.
2. Antiperspirant or Deodorant – Alcohol based antiperspirant or deodorant may cause darkening of underarms as they can react with the skin. Non-Alcoholic deodorants should be applied to avoid discoloration.
3. Dead Skin Cells – Dead skin cells forms a layer over the surface and hence causes darkening of the skin. We should regularly exfoliate our underarms to remove those dead cells.
4. Bacterial Infection – We should maintain a proper hygiene and should bath regularly to avoid bacterial infections. We should also stay clean, fresh and avoid wearing tight synthetic clothes as they cause friction with the underarms which may cause skin irritation.
5. Acanthosis Nigricans – According to Wikipedia, “ Acanthosis nigricans is a brown to black, poorly defined, velvety hyperpigmentation of the skin. It is usually found in body folds, such as the posterior and lateral folds of the neck, the armpits, groin, navel, and other areas”.
Now let’s quickly check out the top 10 simple home remedies to get rid of those Dark Underarms.
1. Turmeric – As we know, turmeric acts as an anti-oxidant and also has anti-bacterial properties. It is also used in several beauty and health remedies. Thus, we can use turmeric to remove the dark pigmentation within our underarms.
* Make a thick paste of the turmeric by adding some rose water or coconut water to it.
* Apply it to the underarms and leave it to dry.
* Now take off the paste, and you can see some immediate results.
* Try this for at least a week to see better results.
( Make sure to keep your underarms hair free before applying the paste because hairs may trouble you while removing the paste )
2. Orange Peel – Orange peel contains citric acid that will help to reduce the melanin, therefore, its one of the best way to reduce darker underarms.
* Dry the orange peel and the grind it and make a fine powder of it.
* Mix the powder with some Yogurt or Milk and make a paste.
* Now apply it.
* Wash with lukewarm water and get unbelievable results.
3. Cucumber – It is one of the most useful vegetables kept in the fridge. It super hydrates your skin, fights blemishes and also restore your skin. It gives the skin a beautiful glow, enhances the complexion and removes dark spots.
* Take the cucumber, few drops of lemon, honey, and make a thick consistency mixture of it.
* Apply to the underarms. Keep it for 20 minutes. Bang! Your Dark Underarms almost disappears.
* Apply it for few weeks to see better results.
4. Raw Potato – Potatoes can do wonders to dark and pigmented skin as they contain catecholase, an enzyme responsible for lightening and whitening of the skin. They contain natural bleaching agent and are perfect for treating dark underarms.
* Slice a potato and apply it directly on the underarms.
* Wash it off with warm water after few minutes.
5. Lemon – Lemon contains citric acid, it also has anti-bacterial properties. Lemon cures dark spots miraculously and thus is the best way to get rid of dark underarms.
* Apply lemon juice with some sugar and honey.
* Sugar will exfoliate the skin, honey will moisturize it and lemon will act as a bleaching agent.
*Mix all the ingredients well and apply to the underarms.
* It is the best mixture and gives you desirable results very soon.
6. Activated Charcoal – Since charcoal is a skin lightener, it is present in almost every beauty products available in the market that claims to lighten dark skin. It can remove dark spots overnight.
* Add some honey to the activated charcoal and make a paste.
* Apply it to the affected area and it will magically disappear the darkness.
7. Exfoliate: Exfoliation is necessary to remove those dead cells from the armpit.
* Use coffee, baking soda or sugar as an exfoliator. ( You can also use walnut or apricot body scrub )
* Mix it well with some coconut oil or olive oil.
* Now apply it to your underarms and get rid of darkness.
8. Vitamin E and Aloe Vera Gel is also an excellent combination to reduce pigmented skin.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar – Raw apple cider vinegar is the best way to remove darkness. It removes dark spots and clears out skin evenly.
Applying it to your underarms will surely help to brighten dark underarms.
10. Sandalwood – It reduces dark underarms and also smells wonderful thus it can also contribute to reducing body odor. Sandalwood is the one way to fight two problems.
* Apply some sandalwood and lemon paste to underarms.
* Leave it for few minutes.
* Wash it with lukewarm water.
* Bingo! you got rid of that dark underarm and the bad body odor, at the same time.
Did you find this article helpful? If yes then do share it and for further beauty, fashion, health tips, don’t forget to subscribe our website.